- Must be an enrolled full-time student of the school of music.scholarship. Students must be pursuing a Bachelor of Music degree with their principal instrument being guitar.
- Must have a minimum average grade of ‘B’
- Must be in need of financial assistance.
- Have demonstrated an interest in making a significant contribution to the extra curricular life of the college.
- Have demonstrated his/her commitment to work in Jamaica upon completion of studies.
- Demonstrate outstanding social and moral character.
- Must submit letter of recommendation from a teacher or a currently/previously school.
Terms and Conditions :
The applicant shall -
- Must be a Jamaican citizen (this only applies to students living in Jamaica)
- Have completed at least two letters of reference, one of which must be from a member of the faculty of the applicant’s school (applies to both Jamaican and American students)
- Submit a letter stating his/her goals and future objectives and reason for pursuing a line of study at the Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing arts (this only applies to students living in Jamaica).
- Student attending school in the United States of American must complete the essay requirements below.
** Please be advised that online education studies are not eligible. **
** Scholarships will be awarded for only one year.**
- Name one thing you would like to do to make the world a better place and why? How would you make it a reality?
- What is your career goal? How would it make a difference in the community?
- Essays must be typed and no more than 250 words. Fonts should not be larger than “12 px”.
Application package must be submitted by
March 31, 2015.
!! Late submissions will not be accepted. !!
Application package must include:
- Completed application form with a current photograph.
- Two completed essays with your name and date included.
- Letter of acceptance to a college or university.
- A letter of recommendation.
- A copy of high school transcript.
A committee will review all applications and select the winner based on the strength of your essay and recommendation.
Winner will be notified via telephone or e-mail.
Mail application package to:
Jah Jerry, INC.
P.O Box 661461
Bronx, NY 10466
Click the image below to download application.
For further information, please contact us at (212) 470-5655 or write to the above address,